Being forced into an accident by a careless Fullerton driver is stressful enough. But when a collision is caused by a motorist without insurance, victims can feel absolutely betrayed.
Collision victims may also be seriously injured and find that an at-fault driver has insurance, but with very low limits. That inadequate policy may leave half or more of the medical bills for innocent victims to pay.
Car accident victims sometimes have to fight to get fair support during recovery. They may also have to depend on their uninsured/underinsured motorist (UMUI) coverage to get them through. It’s a vulnerable time and victims can greatly benefit from the help of a skilled Fullerton Car Accident Lawyer at GK Legal.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Fullerton Car Accident Lawyer
When you or a loved one are injured by an uninsured motorist or a motorist that’s underinsured, talk with a GK Legal attorney. You have benefits available to you that the other driver’s insurance adjuster and your own car insurance provider won’t tell you about. We safeguard our clients when they’ve been injured in an accident caused by an uninsured motorist and exhaust every source to earn them support.
Contact us for a free consultation available to all Fullerton and Orange County car accident victims. It’s a way to determine your best options after a car accident. There’s no obligation, but there are many reasons why you’ll benefit from representation from GK Legal:
- We fully investigate what happened to you to make sure every at-fault party and the car insurance company is held accountable.
- Our lawyers help you earn what’s fair from the at-fault driver’s car insurance provider and your own insurance policy if necessary. We reject “lowball” settlement offers and demand more.
- GK Legal is familiar with every tactic auto insurance companies use to limit the support accident victims receive.
- GK Legal charges no up-front fees. If you decide to hire us, we don’t get paid unless we win your case for you.
- Our lawyers are members of the community and know the busy streets of Fullerton well. We are familiar with the court system here and how the Fullerton Police Department conducts and documents its accident investigations.
What is Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage?
Uninsured/Underinsured (UMUI) car insurance coverage protects you when you are struck by a motorist driving without insurance. It also protects you if you are hit by a driver who doesn’t have enough insurance to cover all of the recovery expenses.
UMUI coverage isn’t required in California, but it is usually included in most policies unless you reject it in writing. It’s an important protection to have because California has a big problem with uninsured drivers getting on out on the roads and causing accidents. These collisions can leave you or a family member in a huge financial hole after a crash.
Motorists may have auto insurance, but carry the bare minimum that California requires. In an accident involving serious injuries, recovery costs can quickly rise above what a car insurance policy will cover. The at-fault driver’s insurer would pay the maximum amount of the policy and then you would be able to file a second claim against your underinsured motorist coverage.
Your GK Law car accident attorney helps you determine every car insurance provider who may be liable for your accident. Finding additional parties who may be responsible for a crash gives you a better chance of earning support before having to file a UMUI claim with your own car insurance company.
What Happens in a Fullerton Car Accident Involving an Uninsured Driver?
In these cases, you may file an accident claim with your own car insurance provider under your uninsured motorist coverage. You’ll ask for help with medical bills, and for replacing lost wages while you are out of work.
Unfortunately, your own car insurance company can fight to limit what you receive in compensation, just like any car insurance company would do. They can question your account of what happened and cast doubt on the severity of your injury.
You’ll want a skilled Fullerton Car Accident Lawyer safeguarding your case and backing it up with evidence. This prevents your insurance company from rejecting your claim or to discount the settlement check they send you.
Compensation Available After an Accident Involving an Uninsured Driver
Whether you seek compensation from an at-fault driver’s auto insurer or your auto insurance policy, you’ll be wanting to maximize your settlement so that you have the best chance of a full recovery.
This means you’ll need to list every damage you and your family have endured after a Fullerton car crash. These hardships are included in a car accident claim sent to the insurance company. It’s important to get every factor listed because anything left off might end up as a bill that you’d have to pay out of your savings.
Support is available for more than just hospital and doctor bills. These and other hardships should all be considered when determining the size of your car accident settlement check:
- Medical expenses now and in the years to come.
- Physical therapy costs and the cost of medical equipment like wheelchairs and crutches.
- Life-long support for a permanent physical disability suffered.
- Support for the emotional trauma experienced by injured patients, such as depression and anxiety during a difficult recovery.
- Loss of enjoyment of life.
- Support for the patient’s physical pain endured.
- The cost of car repair or replacement.
- Past and future lost earnings and benefits while missing work.
- Wrongful death benefits. If an uninsured motorist’s mistake claims your loved one’s life, we can secure support for the family members left behind.
Contact a Fullerton Uninsured Motorist Car Accident Lawyer
At GK Legal, we’re fully aware of how an automobile accident can turn your life upside down, especially if you suffered serious injuries. If you find out the at-fault driver has no car insurance, your confusion and frustration will understandably grow. But injured victims can still receive full support through recovery and GK Law can show you how.
Contact us as soon as possible to protect your claim. Our Fullerton car accident lawyers offer a free, confidential consultation to all local accident victims. We can handle the stressful parts of an accident claim while giving you the time you need to focus on healing. In the end, you’ll have the compensation you need to pay your bills and rebuild your life.