After any accident involving a serious injury, it is important to speak with a local lawyer who can explain your legal options to you.
We live and work right here in Fullerton. If you’d like a free case evaluation, contact us today. We will be happy to go over the details of your case with you on the phone or in person at our office on N Harbor Blvd.
Do You Actually Need an Accident Lawyer?
If you just have property damage or some cuts and bruises, you probably will not need a lawyer. Insurance companies are usually quick to resolve these types of claims and are usually pretty fair. You should still call a lawyer to take advantage of the free consultation, even if it’s just to get some free tips.
When there are serious injuries, an experienced accident lawyer can often significantly improve the outcome of your case.
We help automobile accident victims who have been injured or the families of those who have been killed in pursuing maximum compensation for the injuries and damages that they’ve suffered.
Car accident victims need assertive legal advocates to preserve and protect their legal rights and secure the maximum compensation that they deserve. When you select GK Legal, you’ll receive representation that:
- Is highly experienced in all aspects of automobile accident cases.
- Is committed to you as a real living person, and not just another accident case.
- Knows how to piece together a strong legal case to present to the opposing insurer.
- Who is highly qualified with a stellar reputation.
- Charges no up-front fees.
- Is fully familiar with the defensive tactics that insurers use.
- Has compassion toward Fullerton area drivers, passengers and their families.
Common Types of Car Accidents in Fullerton:
Some common types of automobile accidents in and around Fullerton that are typically the fault of the other driver follow:
- Distracted driving by texting or talking on a phone.
- Rear-enders from following too closely. We’ve all seen these on East Chapman, Euclid Street and even right outside our office window where N Brea Blvd meets N Harbor & Valley View beside Hillcrest Park.
- Drunk driving, driving when high or both.
- Driving too fast for traffic or weather conditions.
- Failure to yield to a traffic signal or stop sign.
- Failure to yield to a pedestrian in a marked or unmarked crosswalk.
Car Crashes Involving Injury or Death:
If you’ve been involved in a serious auto accident in or around Fullerton CA, we can help. Given our extensive experience, here are some of the car accident injuries that we can represent you for:
- Traumatic brain injuries.
- Partial and complete spinal cord tears.
- Whiplash with accompanying shoulder and arm injuries.
- Fractures from head to toe.
- Organ damage with internal bleeding.
- Soft tissue injuries like torn cartilage or lacerations, contusions and burns.
- Chronic pain syndrome.
- Catastrophic injury impacting mobility or the quality of life.
- Wrongful death.
What You Should Do After an Accident:
Whether the car that hit you stopped or hit-and-ran you, the steps that you take immediately after the case arises can affect your case and the monetary recovery that might be available to you. We’ll keep this as simple as possible.
- Call 911 and ask that both police and paramedics come to the scene.
- Obtain the other driver’s contact information and if possible, take photos of the wreckage.
- Take the names of any witnesses.
- Notify your insurance company, but don’t speak with the insurer of the driver who hit you. Speak with us first.
- Seek medical care right away. The paramedics at the scene can make a record of your injuries and take you to an emergency room. Emergency room personnel will make another record of your injuries. It’s important that your injuries be documented right away.
- Police will investigate the accident and compile a report. You can get a copy of this in a few days. The police report is extremely important.
- Follow all emergency room instructions, especially if its recommended that you visit your own doctor, an orthopedist or a neurologist.
- Contact our offices to arrange for a free consultation and case evaluation.
Following Up with Care and Treatment:
It’s important for you to follow up with your medical care and treatment. If you miss therapy or rehab, the insurer could claim that you weren’t injured to the extent that you claim. You should make every effort at attending any medical appointment relative to the accident. The value of your claim or lawsuit will decline if you don’t.
California’s Statute of Limitations:
In most California accident cases, you must file a lawsuit within two years of the date of the accident. Some cases might be as short as six months though, so its far better to consult with an attorney at GK Legal right away after an accident. A wrongful death case must be filed within two years of the date of the decedent’s death.
At GK Legal, we’re fully aware of how an automobile accident can turn your life upside down, especially if you suffered severe and permanent injuries. Contact us as soon as possible to protect your claim, and don’t speak with the opposing insurer until you speak with us first. We can attend to every aspect of the complicated legal process for you while you recover. Contact us today for that free consultation. Under the terms of our retainer agreement, we don’t get paid a penny’s worth of legal fees if you don’t get paid too.
Contact a Fullerton Car Accident Lawyer Today:
If you live in or around Fullerton, and you were injured in a car accident that wasn’t your fault, contact us for a free consultation and case evaluation before even thinking about speaking to an insurance company. These cases are typically time sensitive. They require immediate action and investigation. You’ll be doing yourself a disservice by not contacting us. Insurance studies have proven time and time again that even after legal fees are deducted, victims still come out with more money in their pockets than if they represented themselves.